🌟 PRIMAL KITCHEN is our Sponsor for today’s episode. Use code PELZ for 10% off.
How are you living with intention?
Adam Massey is the CEO of an AI services start-up called Fourteen33, veteran technology executive, public speaker, and podcaster. He is also a passionate student of leadership, management, and growth. In his 20+ year career, Adam has built companies from scratch, led large organizations, and been fortunate to be a part of some of the most innovative companies and teams in the world. Most of all, Adam loves being a father of 3 amazing kids, a husband, mountain biker, and a leader in his community.
In this podcast, we cover:
- How to live your life with intention
- What Adam has done differently after his heart attack
- About the red flags that Adam suffered prior to the heart attack
- The importance of finding balance
- Why we need to think for ourselves
- How small changes can lead to a massive impact
Adam had a heart attack; he went from feeling perfectly fine to something was insanely wrong. It was such a blessing that he survived. The heart attack caused Adam to rethink his health. In his thirties, Adam was always the first to jump on a fad diet. Plus, Adam has three young kids. When he met other parents, he started drinking more often than not. The drinking led Adam to a lot of poor eating decisions. The heart attack has been a real awakening for Adam.
Initially, Adam was fearful after his heart attack
– he realized he wouldn’t be able to get life insurance anymore. Lately, Adam has chilled out a lot. He understands that most likely, he’ll live longer than the average person. His health is now at the focus of his life. We make choices that won’t have an immediate payoff, but they will pay off in the long run.
It’s better to take time for self-care. When you take time for self-care, you’ll be more productive at work. It would be best if you had the correct balance because finding the balance will make you more productive. It’s much better than operating at an average pace. Adam realized that he needed to ground himself and his decisions in his core values. This opened up a whole level of awareness for Adam because now he finally can live with intention.
Since having his heart attack, Adam has made some big changes. He reveals the most significant changes to his routine:
– Being of service to his community
Now, Adam is a lot happier.
During the first year of his transformation, he felt lost and scared. After finding balance, Adam finally feels the harmony. He has purpose and energy finally. A big part of finding peace is letting go of things that don’t matter. Adam makes a lot of decisions thinking about what his ninety-year-old self would think about that decision.
If you are honest with yourself, you know where you are living in friction. Think about where you can make small changes to create a significant impact. These small changes can be addicting and lead to even more significant changes.
Adam’s message for the world is to live your life with intentional love.
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari