Delicious Breakfast Alternative– or when you need a yummy snack!
YIELD: 2 glasses | CARBS: 18 carbs per cookie | PREP TIME: 15 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes | RECIPE BY: Nina Baum
- 40g chia seeds
- 200ml coconut milk (for drinking)
- three (green) apples
- berries for topping (optional)
- Prepare the chia pudding by just mixing together the chia seeds and the coconut milk. Whisk and let cool for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare apple sauce– I like it the most when it’s still warm, so I make it right before i’m going to eat. Peel and core the apples. Cut into small pieces, add lemon juice and cook for 10 minutes. When the apples are soft, add to your Vitamix (or your choice of blender). Add all the spices and mix until you get a creamy-even mixture.
- Add the chia pudding into your jar, followed by the apple sauce, and top with berries if desired!
PS: if you use green apples and blueberries you can perfectly make this breakfast while you‘re on the 15-Day Detox!
About the Health Enthusiast
Nina, an 18 year old health enthusiast from Nuremberg, Germany, just graduated high school this last June. She is currently traveling the world before starting to study nutrition and healthcare this year. She is passionate about healthy eating, doing sports, and learning all there is to know about healthcare and nutrition. Her biggest passion is getting in the kitchen to create and try new recipes with alternative and healthy ingredients. You can find more of her delicious recipes on Instagram @crazyvanillahealth