RECIPE BY: Bonnie Carlson
- 1 lb. Responsibly Sourced Crab Meat, cooked
- 1/2 Head Organic Cauliflower, Riced, Steamed, Water Extracted (Approx a cup when finished)
- 3 Organic Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Organic Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp. RESET Garlic Avocado Aioli
- 1/4 cup Organic Curly Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Organic Green Onions, chopped
- 1/2 t. Organic Sea Salt
- 1/4 t. Organic Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 t. Organic Cayenne Powder
- 1/2 t. Organic Paprika
- 1 t. Organic Dill
- Organic Lemon Juice To Taste
- 2 T. Organic Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil (for searing)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. In a Vitamix or food processor, rice the cauliflower. Steam for 10 min. Squeeze excess liquid out with either cheese cloth, kitchen towel or nut butter bag. ( I like to prepare the whole head of cauliflower & save half for another time, in the freezer.) Set aside to cool.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, RESET Garlic Avocado Aioli, and spices.
4. In a medium bowl, gently fold cold (otherwise it will cook the eggs) cauliflower with the egg mixture and coconut flour until evenly mixed. (It’s the cauliflower & the coconut flour that give the finished crab cakes a nice crispy outside.)
5. Gently fold in the crab meat being careful not to break up the meat too much. (It’s nice when the finished crab cakes have large chunks of meat in them.)
6. Cool mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 350 at this time.
7. Make patties the size of your choice. I prefer approx 1 inch thick and 3 inches across.)
8. On medium-high heat, pour oil into a cast iron (recommended) pan. When the pan & oil are hot, add the crab cakes, being careful to not overcrowd the pan (this will cause steaming, not searing). Cook about 3 minutes to golden brown, then flip and cook another 3 minutes.
9. Place pan-fried crab cakes on a baking sheet and transfer to the preheated oven to cook through (12 to 15 minutes).
Serving Suggestions: Serve with lemon wedges. Stuff an avocado & served over mixed greens. A great accompaniment to this recipe is the RESET “Steve P’s Kickin’ Corn Salad”.