RECIPE BY: Bonnie Carlson
Serving is 1/2 Cup (Approx 12 carbs)
- 12 Ears Fresh Organic Corn
- 1 1/2 Organic Red Bell Peppers (Diced)
- 1 1/2 Organic Green Bell Peppers (Diced)
- 1 Medium Organic Red Onion (Diced)
- 2 T. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 T. Fresh Organic Lime Juice
- Zest of 3 Organic Limes
- 1 1/2 t. Organic Honey
- 6 T. Organic Olive Oil
- 3/4 t. Organic Sea Salt
- 3/4 t. Organic Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Finely Diced Organic Parsley or Organic Basil
- 1/8 t. Ground Organic Cayenne Pepper
1. Prep: Dice peppers and onions, reserve.
2. Make the dressing: Zest & juice limes and together with the vinegar, honey, olive oil, cayenne sea salt & black pepper, reserve.
3. Shuck and boil the corn until 2/3 done (5-6 minutes). Drain corn and move to a hot grill. Lightly char the corn on all sides, turning frequently (10 min or less). Cool slightly and cut kernels from cobs.
4. Mix the peppers into the corn. Stir the dressing into the vegetable mix. Add the chopped parsley. Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours so the flavors blend.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature
Flavor Options: for a southwestern version, substitute cilantro for the parsley or basil. Add a healthy pinch of mild chili pepper and a few dashes of favorite hot sauce to the dressing.
Serving Suggestions: Serve on top of organic greens along with RESET CRAB CAKES. Add to the top of Cold RESET CAULIFLOWER PIZZA. Serve a stuffed organic avocado on top of organic greens. Or, just toss into a fresh green salad to give it some kick!