FIRST THE BEANS
- Ethical coffee beans means all Organic – guaranteeing farmer safety.
- Ethical coffee means Shade-grown — guaranteeing bird habitat and preventing soil erosion.
SECOND: THE PRICE
- Ethical coffee means buying Fairly Traded.
- We pay over the Fair Trade Certified rate for our green beans.
- Higher pay for the highest quality beans.
THIRD: GIVING A HAND UP, NOT A HAND OUT.
- Independence – as landowners, farmers can command a better price for their delicious product.
- Accountability – as landowners, farmers can decide for themselves whether to use dangerous pesticides or harmful agricultural practices like clear-cutting the Rainforest.
- It Doesn’t End Here! – Agros also helps farmers through education and water treatment programs. Now that’s something to drink to!
FOURTH: THE BIGGEST FACTOR IN GENERATIONAL CHANGE — YOU
- By supporting only ethical coffee that’s Certified Organic, Shade-Grown, and Fairly Traded, you preserve the environment and prevent human poisoning from pesticides.
- By supporting ethical coffee that’s fairly traded, you know coffee farmers receive a fair wage — that’s life altering.
- There’s power in your dollar — Use it! For every Coffee Lover’s Box shipment you receive from CICR, 2% is given back through our nonprofit partners: Agros and Food 4 Farmers.