Last week I explored the connection between Vitamin D levels and optimal health. What we know now is that when we boost our Vitamin D levels, we boost our immune system which makes it more powerful to fight off viruses, including viruses like Covid-19. However we also know that 50% of the population is vitamin D deficient. Here are the top 3 ways to boost Vitamin D levels:
Boost Vitamin D by absorbing it through your skin:
You can do this two ways, directly from the sun or through red light therapy.
- If you’re planning to get vitamin D from the sun, you should spend 10-30 minutes per day, several times a week out in the sun ideally during mid-day and without sunscreen. But, it’s not that easy.
- Another way to get vitamin D is with red light therapy, like the JOOVV light, I have one of these in my clinic. Research shows that just 10 minutes of red light therapy can increase both Vitamin D and magnesium deficiency in as little as two weeks.
Boost Vitamin D by putting these foods in your body:
Food and oils are a great way to get Vitamin D into your body. These 5 foods are the highest in Vitamin D: salmon, herring, eggs, wild mushrooms, and cod liver oil. Oils have also proven to be precursors to Vitamin D. Plant oils like pumpkin seed, coriander, black cumin,and flax oil have anti-inflammatory effects and raise Vitamin D levels, and are available through my favorite curator, Andreas Seed Oils. Use code PELZ for 10% off a single bottle.
Boost Vitamin D by taking supplements:
There are 3 little tricks to know about taking supplements to get optimal results:
- First, take your vitamins with food.
- Second, studies show that if you take your supplements with fat, it will increase absorption into your body.
- And lastly, it will be best when it is a high quality supplement. My favorite Vitamin D supplement that I recommend to clients is DV3.