It certainly isn’t summer season anymore, but this salad is one of my go-to’s for dinner parties and gatherings. It combines so many different flavors, and it’s always a hit. As long as you can source strawberries, you’ll be good to go! I also love that it’s so easy to source organic ingredients for this salad, and it takes me less that 30 minutes to pull together! In fact, sometimes I make tripe the dressing and leave for future needs (who doesn’t love a time saver?). Try it out and let me know what you think!! Have any other ideas? Leave them below, i’m always looking for new salad inspiration!
YIELD: 4 side salads| PREP TIME: 15 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 8 cups sliced, organic green lettuce, or almost a whole head.
- 8 Large, organic strawberries
- 5 tablespoons of organic feta cheese (I’m a cheese fan! If you are not, i’d only do about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup of chopped, organic cilantro
- 1/4 cup of raw, sliced almonds
- Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of local, raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (Meyer lemons are the best!)
- Rinse lettuce and put in salad spinner to dry (or dry on paper towels).
- Slice the strawberries into slivers and add to the salad.
- Add chopped cilantro and feta cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar.
- Slightly toast the slivered almonds in a cast iron pan (you can find my favorite here). I toast them in a little bit of avocado oil, and you only want to let them get slight brown (anything darker and they will taste burnt). One slightly brown, pour them on a paper-towel to let the oil separate.
- Add toasted, slivered almonds to salad.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss right before eating!