About the Metabolomix+ Profile
Please note that this test is not available for those living outside of the United States, and for those living in New York, New Jersey or Rhode Island.
The Metabolomix+ Profile report allows for easy interpretation and clinically actionable results. It includes a Suggested Supplement Schedule that provides personalized recommendations based on test results. The Interpretation-At-A-Glance section of the report provides facts related to nutrient function, causes and complications of their deficiencies, and dietary sources.
The Metabolomix+ Profile report categorizes results into several metabolic areas:
- Organic Acids (urine)
- Malabsorption and Dysbiosis Markers are metabolites produced by the gastrointestinal microbiome
- Cellular Energy & Mitochondrial Markers are biomarkers of carbohydrate and fatty acid metabolism, and the citric acid (Kreb’s) cycle
- Vitamin Markers are specific analytes used to assess functional levels of vitamin cofactors
- Neurotransmitter Metabolites are downstream byproducts of epinephrine, norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine
- Toxin & Detoxification Markers relate to certain toxic metabolites and the body’s detoxification capacity
- NEW Oxalate Markers relate to kidney stone formation, oxidative stress and metabolic dysfunction
- Amino Acids (urine)
- Essential Amino Acids must be derived from dietary sources
- Nonessential Amino Acids are synthesized by the body
- Intermediary Metabolites are byproducts of amino acid metabolism
- Dietary Peptide Related Markers can indicate incomplete protein breakdown
- Oxidative Stress Markers (urine) include the oxidative damage markers lipid peroxides and 8-OHdG
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids are essential for brain function and cardiovascular health and are anti-inflammatory
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids are involved in the balance of inflammation
- Omega 9 Fatty Acids are important for brain growth, nerve cell myelin, and reducing inflammation
- Saturated Fatty Acids are involved in liproprotein metabolism and adipose tissue inflammation
- Monounsaturated Fats include omega 7 fats and unhealthy trans fats
- Delta-6 Desaturase Activity assesses efficiency of this enzyme to metabolize omega 6’s and omega 3’s
- Cardiovascular Risk includes specific ratios and the Omega 3 Index
- Nutrient and Toxic Elements – urine
Order Confirmation & Shipping
Upon purchase of the Metabolomix test, please allow 2-3 business days to process your order. Shipping time may vary due to COVID, but typically takes 5-10 business days once your order has been fulfilled. For any tests that are shipped outside the USA and Canada, you are responsible for the shipping fees to get the test back to the lab.
The labs will notify us when your test has been analyzed and released for review. It takes approximately 3-4 weeks to process and generate results. Once your results are released, someone from our team will reach out (via email firstname.lastname@example.org) to have you schedule a 45-minute appointment with our team, who will interpret your results, give recommendations, and guide you in next steps.
Note that purchasing a test does not make you an active client as we do not know your complete health history, current supplements and medications, or pre-existing conditions. All recommendations made are based solely on what we see from the results.
Note: Test kits are valid for 1 year and refunds are not available after purchase.