FALL IS HERE!!! The season of pumpkins and squash! I love mixing up what you can do with these foods. I am a huge fan of diet variation; meaning eating the fruits and vegetables of the season. There’s a reason pumpkins and squash come around this time of year! Our body was meant to utilize their nutritious values. Last week I decided to mix up my salads by incorporating our fall favorites! Check out the salad recipe below and let me know what you think!
YIELD: 4 Side Salads| PREP TIME: 15 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 8 cups of baby kale
- 1-2 watermelon radishes finely sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of chopped, cooked chicken [ Tip: I love getting the seasoned whole chickens from Whole Foods ]
- 1/8 cup of mint leaves
- 1 cup of sliced or chopped pieces of butternut squash [ Tip: Whole foods has pre-cut squashes to save time!]
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of local, raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (Meyer lemons are the best!)
- Rinse lettuce and put in salad spinner to dry (or dry on paper towels).
- Add all other ingriedents
- Pour dressing over salad and toss right before eating!