RECIPE BY: Bonnie Carlson
Makes 12 Muffins / Approx 20 Carbs Per Muffin
- 3 Cups Blanched Almond Flour (Finely Grouond)
- 1 T. Xanthan Gum
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Organic Blueberries (keep in freezer until you mix into the batter)
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 t. Organic Almond Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Keep the blueberries in the freezer until the oven is to temp and you are ready to mix them into the prepared batter.)
2. Line muffin tins with double paper liners.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then mix in the honey and almond extract.
4. When your oven is ready, gently fold in the frozen blueberries. The blueberries will stain the batter as you fold them into the batter…don’t worry, this “discoloration” won’t be as noticeable once the muffins are fully cooked.
5. Bake at 350 for 35-405 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Do not take them out too early as they need to bake all the way through. Let them cool before storing in the refrigerator.
Leave A Comment