Feeling exhausted? Having trouble keeping your energy up to meet the demands of your life?
There is a good chance you are adrenal fatigued.
What is the typical presentation of someone who is adrenal fatigued?
- Having trouble getting out of bed when alarm goes off
- One cup of coffee has not turned into two or three
- Dips in energy at 3pm
- Waking up at 2 or 3 am for no reason
- Gain weight easily
- Chronic joint pain that won’t go away no matter what you do
- Skin, hair, and nail changes
- Feeling dizzy when you go from laying down to standing
Because of the fast pace life most of us are leading, we place a high demand on our adrenal glands. Our adrenals secrete epinephrine and norepinephrine to give us a surge of energy when there is a stressful situation. But if that stress continues or another wave of stress happens, we are constantly asking our adrenals to work overtime. Eventually the adrenals stop functioning properly and a stressful situation will happen, but your adrenals don’t respond. This is often when a person just feels overwhelmed and exhausted.
There are many ways to find out if you have adrenal fatigue. First, is by your symptoms. If you have three or more of the above symptoms there is a good chance you have adrenal fatigue.
Second way to test is by an orthostatic blood pressure test. This is a very easy test to perform and is quiet accurate. We do it in our office. Ask us next time you’re in and well set up a time to do the test on you.
So how to do you repair your adrenals once they have been fatigued?
- Take an adrenal supplement- I honestly think this is the fastest way to repair your adrenals. Adrenal supplements are usually packed with B vitamins and herbs that the adrenals need to function properly. Email me and I will share with you my favorite supplements.
- Get Adjusted- My second favorite way to improve your adrenals. Your ninth thoracic vertebra protects the nerves that go to your adrenals. If it is out of alignment, putting pressure on the nerve going to the adrenals, the brain won’t know that the adrenals need repair and healing of your adrenals will be slow.
- Make Sleep A Priority- You might have a crazy paced day, but if you can get yourself in bed before 10pm every night, your adrenals will have a better chance of repairing. Most repair of damaged organs happen at night, so getting a good nights sleep is crucial for healing. A good solid 7-9 hours can be a magical gift to your fatigued body.
Next Thursday Night I am doing what I call a POWER HOUR CLASS at my office. The topic is MASTERING YOUR CRAZY BUSY LIFESTYLE. I will be going over how to get over adrenal fatigue, how to eat to keep your energy high all day long, how to fit exercise into your already packed schedule.It will be an hour long. Packed with great tips to meet the demands of your life. A must class for anyone who can’t slow down, but needs better tools to keep up with the pace of their life.
RSVP is required. Just respond to this email and we will add you to the list.
Hope that helps!
Have an energetic day!!